9 Simple Ways to Use LPG Efficiently
Use these tips and best practices to reduce waste and costs when using energy.
Have you ever thought about how small changes in your lifestyle can lead to a big impact on the environment?
Energy efficiency doesn’t just mean that you are using less energy, it also reduces wasteful energy and saves tons of money. To effectively increase your energy efficiency, it requires you to become aware of how energy is used, where it's wasted, and how it can be saved in everyday life. Here’s how you can help your home or business save energy and be more efficient.
Is It Possible To Save Energy While Using It?
Yes, it is and it’s no rocket science. Minor adjustments in the way you use energy helps use & save efficiently. Scroll down to find some useful tips on how you can maintain your LPG usage.
- Pressurized Cooking: In contrast to conventional methods, pressure cooking saves fuel, particularly 20% on rice, 46% on pulses, etc. The savings in time are also very significant.
- Water Level: Fuel is saved when the right amount of water is used. Evaporating surplus water requires extra energy.
- Simmering: When the liquid reaches boiling point, turn the stove to a low flame to prevent unnecessary wastage of energy.
- Soaking: By soaking some foods, you can reduce the amount of fuel used. For instance, overnight soaking of chickpeas reduces fuel consumption by 22%.
- Wide Vessels: Visible flames on the sides of vessels waste fuel since they radiate heat. The flame will encircle the wide vessel, saving you fuel.
- Use Lids: Covering cooking vessels and pans with lids is good practice since an open vessel wastes fuel by losing heat to the atmosphere.
- Use Small Burners: Gas stoves come with two different burner sizes. The small burner consumes 6% to 10% less energy than the bigger burners.
- Keep The Stove Clean: Soot-clogged gas burners increase fuel consumption, so you should clean your gas range burner regularly. Cleaning & maintaining the stove helps save fuel.
- Check & Clean The Vessels: Kettles and cookers usually have a coating of undissolved salts on the inside. Even a millimeter-thick coating can reduce heat flow to the vessel’s contents. This increases your fuel consumption by 10%.
Make a difference in your LPG & energy consumption by following these simple steps. Visit our website for more LPG related information.